MONKEY!!

Monkey Monkey Monkey!!!

I saw my first monkey today. This morning on my walk into town I heard a howler in the distance, at least I think it was one.

But this afternoon I confirmed a sighting. The picture is a little too far off to really see it, but its there. Click on the image to see a full size shot.

Unfortunately, the video I took did not come out very well. The howler had moved into the trees you see on the right, and was by then covered in dense foliage.

We just happened to make a detour into Coco Bay on our way back from Tamarindo this afternoon. The streets there are covered with an over hanging canopy, a place that monkeys are known to visit. However, this particular monkey must have been cast out of it's troop, since they are rarely seen alone like this.

Tomorrow some friends and I are taking a boat out to go fishing, hopefully from mid-afternoon to sunset. Not a bad way to spend the 4th of July, but I am starting to get a little homesick. Last night I caught an episode of the Dog Whisperer, and started to miss my pup so bad that I actually had to change the channel.

My lil sis is going to host the 4th's festivals on my parents lawn tomorrow. My folks are on their way back from the Lake House, by way of a wedding in San Francisco. Really, the 4th is a block wide party, but because our home is in the middle of the track, it has become a natural gathering place for food & lawn chairs. I'm sure she'll do fine, and she has a great guy to back her up. The boy can cook, and I'll just leave it at that.

Its 8:30pm, past my bedtime, and I'm exhausted. Its been a long day, and I was up pretty late last night playing scrabble with my brother.

I'll get some good pictures of my boat ride tomorrow...
0 Responses

Post a Comment