Beached Dolphin

Adaleeben Says:
This image may be disturbing to some viewers...
Click here to view now
Such is the circle of life my friends. It looked like it had just washed up as I was walking by. On my way back past the dolphin, there were people starting to gather. Just down the beach was a backhoe working in someone's yard. I felt like asking them to come bury it, but didn't...

On a lighter note... I got to have breakfast with my parents this morning! Hay, video chat counts! We used to have Thursday morning breakfast together every week, for many many years, and that abruptly ended on my departure for Costa Rica.

We each setup our laptops on our respective kitchen tables, and it was a ton of fun. We video chatted for an hour and a half, from the USA to Costa Rica, all for free. Not a bad deal if ya ask me. You really gotta love modern technology, and the Internet, for letting us sit together from 2,985 miles apart (and yes, that is exactly how far apart we are).

Careful When You Walk Barefoot on the Beach

Puffer Fish
This is a close up shot of a dried up puffer fish. I have seen these here on the beach before, and almost stepped on one once. Puffer fish are the second–most poisonous vertebrate in the world, after the Golden Poison Frog. Stepping on one of these guys has "bad day" written all over it.

Pineapple Remains
Seen more often, but much less deadly, are pieces of pineapples laying around. Stepping on one might not cause you to lose a foot, or even a toe, but would certainly send you back to your room for a few days. Ironically, they are bigger, easier to see, and easier to avoid, than the puffer fish.

Sand Shark
Ok, this is just a blurry picture of a thorn from the local vegetation... but would still be a painful surprise. I tried to push down on it, and it didn't budge. This is no flimsy thorn to mess with.
Hmm... come to think of it...
Maybe I should have removed those items from the beach...

0 Responses

Post a Comment