Lightening Strike

Ok, that was a little bit scary...

I was up on the rooftop patio just now, testing out a little GPS app I wrote for the iPhone. The roof seems to be a good spot to get a strong signal, for obvious reasons.

The weather is clear, not many clouds, sunny, warm... and I was holding my iPhone up to the sky...

Out of nowhere, right in front of me, well within my field of vision, came a huge bolt of lightening, clearly visible even though the sun is shining.

The thunder hit me in well under 1 second, and I could feel it. This means the lightening strike was less than 1000 feet away. That is closer than 3 football fields!

After just a few minutesI'm a little bit shaken up, but not as much as if I had been hit :)

ps: as I'm writing this, the power has dipped several times, and it has started to rain. More thunder is happening now in the distance, and steadily getting louder...
0 Responses

Post a Comment