Foreclosure

It finally happened...

A notice of default was filed against my property within the last few weeks, the exact date is unknown to me.

However, it looks like the timing will work out just perfect. I received a letter from one of my mortgage companies that gave me 30 days to respond, after which a forclosure proceeding will commence.

So, I have until the end of April to make a payment, otherwise the inevitable will take place, and I'm counting on it. This process gives me yet another 30 days to vacate or "else"... Not their language, but you get the idea. I have until at least the end of May to respond, according to my thinking.

Time to fire up the Craig's List ads, and get my furniture moved. What I don't/can't sell online, I hope to hold a giant, prices slashed, garage sale at an undisclosed location. Sorry, this is a public forum.

I made arrangements today with my utility companies to turn everything off on June XX, the day after I leave. They kept offering to spread my past due balance over the next three months. I laughed a little, and told them I'd rather pay this upfront at a local payment center, knowing that I have no bank accounts or credit cards.

My phone company was really confused. A supervisor actually told me they could not disconnect my home phone line, without a new phone number to reach me on. After a half hour conversation about "everything is going digital", and that I do not have a phone number, he finally agreed to turn off my home phone. Everyone's a salesman...

I have not bought my airline tickets yet, but am very settled on the date. There is a beautiful condo for rent in a perfect location for me, and I hope that it will work out. I have already made arrangements to exit the country, which is required by Costa Rican customs.

Everything seems to be working itself out, yet I'm still a little nervous. My biggest fear is that I'll have to give up Leena to the local Husky Rescue. Not a terrible option, but I really wanted to find a home for her on my own. Turns out, everyone wants a puppy, and by proxy, deal with the housebreaking, pooping, nonsense. Too each their own...

At this moment, I'm excited about the life I am creating for myself. I know there are repercussions about what I am doing, but those threats have little bearing on my own happiness. As I've said before, I've worked for decades to supply others with a life style that they desire. Its now time for what I desire, and to let go of the fear that others try to hold against the weak.
0 Responses

Post a Comment