Lost

Woops... I got lost today...

In the last 18 hours, Leena and I have run over 12 miles... Not much in the grand scheme of things, but a lot for us. We found a new trail called Aliso Creek Trails, and its our new favorite place to run. Its a mixture of paved, and unpaved roads, leading through the heart of Aliso Viejo.

I hadn't planned on a long run today, but we were having so much fun that it sort of turned into one. Eventually, we got so turned around, we had no clue where we were. I actually had to stop someone and ask how to get back to a main street. This is a direct result of not having a cell phone connection... More about that later... Turns out we weren't that far from the house, maybe a couple of miles, but I had somewhere to be in an hour.

We hustled back to the house, quick shower, food, and out the door again. I was trying to make it to my friend's play on-time. She starred in a reproduction of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, one of the all time best movies (imho).

The production value was a bit amateur, but I think that's why I had such a great time. Myself, and the people around me, all had big smiles on our faces. It was evident that everyone, including the cast members, was simply enjoying the experience. My girl has a set of lungs on her, that's for sure!!

The past week has been one of daydreaming and fantasizing. I am getting really excited about the move to Costa Rica, and have spent hours on end looking for a place to stay. Its incredible what you can get for your money down there. I am homing in on a target location, and will post again once I've made a decision.

No bites yet on a new home for Leena. Have a look at her site: http://bit.ly/bCcjKR

My cell phone service is now disconnected. It has been very strange getting used to this. I had to run some errands the other day, and once I was out the door, I realized I didn't know how to get to where I was going. I instinctively pulled out my phone, and tried to do a Google Maps search. Duh, no cell service. That is the first time that has happened to me in maybe 15 years.

Luckily, I found a wifi hotspot nearby, and was on my way. I can't really describe the feeling of being unconnected like that; I suppose I have just grown accustomed to mobile internet. Who knows what will happen in other countries when I can't find a hotspot, but that's part of the adventure. I might be forced to carry a physical map... oh the horrors...
0 Responses

Post a Comment