Peaches

My family buried one of our beloved cats today, Peaches, at 11 1/2 years young.

I have been much closer to some of the other cats in our history; regardless, she was a sweet and loving cat, to say the least. The family seems to be taking it well, although its always harder on some. May she rest in peace, in the backyard, along with our other cats, dogs, turtles, doves and rabbits that have blessed our lives...

Still looking at a June 1st departure to Costa Rica, but I will have a better estimate after next week. Today my Mom reconfirmed her commitment to order a passport, for the first time in her life. It will be my Mom's first time out of the country, exceptions being Mexico & Canada. I am so excited about my parents visiting me in a foreign country.

This marks the third week in a row that the EX has blown off our plans for a discussion about the dog. While I understand her reluctance, my patience is wearing thin. I feel that pressure does no good in this situation, so I must endure. At least for a little while longer. Besides, I don't mind spending as much time as possible with the Leena before she leaves me forever...

I am procrastinating on the house. The garage still needs a good sort-through; The motorcycle still needs to be posted online; The furniture still needs a new home. I blame it on keeping busy with work, but lets be honest. Everyday I find time to run Leena, sit in the sun, watch a movie, work on my side-projects, dream up new iApps... These things give me instant gratification, but somehow moving forward with my trip plans doesn't register.

Blame it on a fear of the unknown, a fear of leaving everything behind, or a fear of giving up the stuff. Whatever the case maybe, when I think about living abroad, my mind is happy, I am happy. Truth be told, I must overcome this fear to accomplish my goal. I get it, but its easier said than done. This is why the rewards are worth the risk.

Travel well Peaches,
and I shall do the same...

ps: Hindsight is 20-20... in an effort to join the E.U., and adopt the Euro, Greece bed a villain named Goldman Sachs. Basically, they cheated their way into the EU, and now suffer the consequences. Recently, Greece sold a _huge_ bond (read: 10 years, at higher than current US mortgage rates), which may or may not allow them to escape disaster. Next to fall, my adored Spain.
0 Responses

Post a Comment