Motorcycle

What a day, what a day...

One of the things on my list to do before I leave is to sell my motorcycle. I must really be sentimental because things like this are difficult for me. I've had her for six years, but its time to go.

A friend of mine put the word out, and one hit came back this week. We've talked a couple of times, and the buyer is stopping by tomorrow morning to see her. However, she needs a little tender loving care.

I spent 4 hours today driving around town trying to track down a new battery. She has sat for a while, and that's the first thing to go. I have purchased batteries for the bike from PepBoys in the past, so I tried there first. They didn't have what I needed in stock, but pointed me to a store in Lake Forest that had only one left. Hmm, bike season must be approaching...

After a short 20 minute drive, I bought the battery & returned home only to find out that its the wrong one. Upset, ya, but no big deal. Found a local motor-sports shop, whom I should have called in the first place, and I now have my battery, after returning the first one.

Now, an oil change is no big deal, unless you're dealing with a bike, and its 6pm after the sun has set. With flashlight in hand, I started to dismantle the outer shell. This must be removed before you change the oil filter, what a pain. By the time the oil change was finished & new battery installed, it was too late to start the bike without waking the neighbors. Guess it'll have to wait until the A.M...

It'll be sad to see her go, but the buyer is excited and I'm sure he'll fix her up. His previous bikes had custom paint jobs, full exhaust, and who knows what else. Good time of year for it too, seeing as how summer is just around the corner. This is all, of course, assuming I get her put back together before then, and he likes what he sees.

Keep your fingers crossed...
0 Responses

Post a Comment