Pneumonia

Forgive me blogosphere for I have sinned, its been a week since my last post...

Last Saturday I came down with a bad case of pneumonia (too much hot-tubing in the rain). However, I didn't know what I had until late Sunday night. I spent most of the day Sunday with the heater cranked to 82 degrees, wrapped under three blankets, and still shivering. I must have been pretty out of it because it took me over 24 hours to realize that I was running a fever.

I held a 102+ fever for over five days. Needless to say these days were not spent tooling around town, but rather curdled up on the couch drifting in & out of consciousness. Mom to the rescue, took me to the doc's, got a script, couple days later I'm back at it. Still not 100% but am bored stiff, and I can't stand being bored.

I am starting to become a little (a lot) sad about leaving Leena behind. I know she is "just a dog", at least that's what my friends tell me, but she's my dog... she's my child for all intents & purposes. Technically, she's the ex's dog, I bought Leena for Ex for Valentine's day 4 years ago. However, regardless of what that situation is, Leena is still my baby. She is such a sweetheart, all she ever wants is to snuggle & love & play & lick & snuggle & love....

I'm also starting to miss the house & car nonsense. I have put a lot of time, money & effort into this place & my life over the past 12 years. However, most of this stuff is easy to let go of, once I made my commitment. While materialistic things are loosing their appeal to me, I am quite sentimental.

I will store most of my worldly travel souvenirs, unique items that I've collected across the planet over the years. China, Mexico, Australia, Germany, India, I can't bring myself to lose these items. This mostly comes from my Grandfather. As a child, I admired a wooden carving in his office of a bull. I didn't know where he got it, but always imagined somewhere exotic. I have several wooden carvings I've collected from my travels, a sailfish, a lion, I enjoy those most of all.

The one possession I'll regret leaving behind is my guitar. At my lowest points, I have turned to the guitar to express my sorrow & pain in a healthy outlet. However, I'm committed to a backpack, laptop, board-shorts & sandals. I plan on buying local clothes, so I don't stick out as a tourist. I'm renting a furnished apartment, so no need for furniture. I'm traveling light, by design, and have to give up a lot to realize this ideal.

It'll be tough to come home after this transition, to rebuild, to reintegrate. If I let that idea keep me from my dreams, than I deserve not my dreams nor the dream itself.
0 Responses

Post a Comment