Time Flys

Its February... amazing how quickly January went. Glad its over to tell you the truth...

Plans for Costa Rica are moving along, although changing almost daily. I've decided to start my trip in San Jose. Its a major city, which should make the transition a little easier. Were I to jump right into a rural city, I would have many obstacles to overcome immediately. Language barrier, culture shock, lonesomeness, possibly not finding an internet connection.

I figure its better to start slow, jump down to San Jose, the capital where I can find anything & everything I need. After a month or so, then take the plunge & move further into the country. This also gives me time to learn the language & practice my Spanish, get my bearings, and enjoy my trip a little more.

It looks like I'll be traveling to the Pacific Coast, rather than the Caribbean coast. The more I learn about the country, the more I find that the West Coast has better water, better surf (not that I currently surf), better weather, less hurricanes, etc. etc. By starting in San Jose, this also gives me a chance to network with the locals & really get a feel for what's next.

The time-line has moved up. Instead of 6 months, I'm now looking at 2 months. Although I will have my house for longer than 2 months, I didn't figure on having to pay the utility bills. It doesn't make sense to continue paying my electric, water, gas, internet, phone, tv, when I could be paying 1/4th the price in Costa Rica.

I'm waiting on two things. First, the dog. I am trying to give the EX some space, & let her figure out what she wants to do. However, its getting time that I call her & find out what plans she's made. If she is not going to take the dog, or find a home for it, I have found some options. However, its better to let her handle this, I need the detachment.

Second, I'm waiting to find a home for my stuff. My lil bro may be trying to find a place, but again I don't want to put any pressure on anyone because of my move. If that could work out, that would be excellent. If not, its all going on Craig's list... A little sad, I've spent a lot of money & time building my collection of "stuff", to be sold at rock bottom dollars... but its just stuff, and holds little value to me anymore anyways.

Once those two things are done, I'm outta here. Regardless of what has happened with my house at that point, I'm sure I can leave that to friends and/or family. That puts my departure right around mid-March or April. Much sooner than July 1st.

I'm ready... lets get this move started...
0 Responses

Post a Comment