New Moments

Back in February I posted about moments I look for in my daily life. This is a short follow up to that post, and a small distraction from my posts about my parents' visit...

Nearly everyday I make a point to walk along the beach here in Coco. Its a relaxing time for me, listening to the waves, and watching the dogs wrestle in the sand. This is a new moment I have found that brings me complete joy, and helps ease the loss of family and friends I left behind.

The back of my house, or I guess technically the front, overlooks the hills. This is another source of inspiration for me. I love to sit on the rooftop patio watching the dark rain clouds creep over the jungle and slink down into Coco, with the entire scene set against a brilliant blue sky. It can be very impressive when a rainbow makes a brief appearance.

I do miss my dog, her howl, and her beautiful blue eyes looking up at me with love. I miss a hug from my family, and a game of 9-ball with good friends. I miss a long ride on my bike, both bicycle & motorcycle, and I really miss a good American cheeseburger.

Although falling asleep to the sound of the ocean crashing along the shoreline will never replace a snuggle from my husky, this new life has brought me some very interesting people, some great food, and given me a chance to enjoy the journey. So for me, for now, life is as it should be... Filled with moments that take my breath away...

After all, life is just a series of moments...
0 Responses

Post a Comment