The Centennial

100th Blog Post

This is officially my 100th post to this blog. It took almost two years, with 79 posts the first year and so far only 21 posts in my second year. Looking back, I can say without hesitation that this blog has helped me stay focused, never forget, and be proud of the troubles and the triumphs during this amazing time of my life.

I have just returned home from a trip around the world. My friend Scott & I flew to Italy, and afterwards I flew from Rome to Auckland, New Zealand. My stand out memory was, oddly enough, overhearing a women ask what a "euro" is. How do you fly to Italy and not know that? More about that later.

With over 6,000 pictures and more than 30 pages of notes, this trip was definitely a success. This blog will soon be filled with stories, memories, and hopefully provide a reason to keep reading. However, those posts must wait.

The past few years have been a strange ride, with ups and downs, and maybe a few sideways. I have lost a home, a dog, and a love. Somehow, threw it all, I feel that I have found happiness. Of all my losses, I have gained what is truly important.

A love will come again. My dog is not far. A home is where the heart is.

For me, public reverie is not a trait which comes naturally. However, after years of self exploration resulting in nearly constant social boundary deterioration, I have trained myself to chase the notion and enjoy the fear of the unknown, never letting the possibility of an uncomfortable situation keep me from experiencing all the world has to offer. What once was unimaginable is now my home.

For me, home is travel. For me, life is always found on the road. Funny thing about travel, it doesn't come to you, you have to go to it.
0 Responses

Post a Comment